At Timely, we've noticed that there are (at least) two distinct ways to drink coffee:
- Going out for coffee: usually, you make an effort to go somewhere you know you'll enjoy. Maybe there's a barista who makes your coffee just the way you like it, or they serve coffee from your preferred roaster. Whatever the reason, you don't mind putting in a little extra effort to get a cup of coffee you'll like.
- Staying in for coffee: making coffee as conveniently as possible, hoping it will be delicious.
Let's start by saying that there is no "right" way to drink or make coffee. Whatever tastes good to you is what you should do. If that means that you have an elaborate ritual where you brew coffee on a coffee syphon, then that's great. If that means you are scooping instant coffee granules every morning because that's what you enjoy, then you should keep doing that. Yet, if you're brewing coffee at home in any way, knowing it's not as good as it could be, but you're afraid making it better is going to be too hard, then we've got something for you.
Introducing the Timely Plunger*. Now, we know that the easiest way to make coffee, as International Roast has proven, is to put coffee in a vessel and pour water over the top. But there's another way you can do just that. First, get your Timely Plunger and some "filter"** grind coffee (or whole beans if you want to grind it yourself) from the timelycoffees.com.au and follow these steps:
- Scoop ground coffee into your Timely Plunger.
- Pour hot water over the top.
- Wait approximately 3 minutes***.
- Plunge, serve, and drink.
The idea behind the Timely Plunger is to make drinking your favourite coffees as easy as possible. No one should be stuck drinking coffee they don't believe in just because they think making good coffee is too hard. It could be that you don't want to (or can't) grind your coffee yourself. Or perhaps you don't want to buy specific coffee tools. Maybe you can't be bothered to do anything which takes any effort at all. No matter what, you should still be able to have ethical, delicious, and convenient coffee. With the Timely Plunger, brewing coffee couldn't be easier.
* It's actually a standard coffee plunger with the Timely logo on the side. Timely coffees are guaranteed to taste 5% better than other coffees when brewing with the Timely Plunger (results may vary).
** We've calibrated our grinders at the Timely roastery so that "filter" grind is perfect for your Timely Plungers. Using this grind size will still taste great when using other non-pressurised brewing methods such as drip or pour-over. Still, it will taste particularly delicious when using a Timely Plunger.
*** You can use a timer or sing Ariana Grande's "7 Rings" to yourself.